Monthly Archives: May 2012
A leaked report from the FBI about Bitcoin gives good advice on how users can improve their anonymity while using Bitcoin.
It is entitled “Bitcoin Virtual Currency: Unique Features Present Distinct Challenges for Deterring Illicit Activity”
– Create and use a new Bitcoin address for each incoming payment
– Route all Bitcoin traffic through an anonymizer
– Combine the balance of old Bitcoin addresses into a new address to make new payments.
– Use a specialized money laundering service
– Use a third-party eWallet service to consolidate addresses.
– Individuals can create Bitcoin clients to seamlessly increase anonymity (such as allowing a user to choose which Bitcoin addresses to make payments from)